Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick or Treating at School

This morning was the Halloween party at school and Kael did OK. We had moments where he froze and didn't want to participate but overall he did much better than last year. Quite honestly, I was surprised he even wore his costume at all. I was really relieved when he wanted to be a firefighter this year because the costume is similar to regular clothes so he wouldn't feel so out of sorts wearing it.

Kael with his friend Lauren. He thought it would be funny to slouch. I have to disagree. But it's still a cute picture.

This is his best friend in class - Bryan. The boys are very cute together and are really good buddies.

A sudden case of the shy's. Or in Kael's case: the stubborn's (he didn't want to take any pictures).

The entire class on the field getting ready for the parade. I was pretty surprised Kael got as far as he did. I was expecting him to be stuck on my leg like white on rice.

The start of the parade. So far so good for Kael. BTW, who thought of this torture for little kids?? A lot of the kids looked lost and didn't seem to have a clue of what was going on.

Uh-oh. He sees me and all of a sudden he becomes a limp noodle. Abort! Abort!

The parade (for Kael) is officially over. He hangs out by me while his class makes the lap and I walk him back to his seat.

Malia in the meantime is happily playing with a ball....

...and getting bugged by Gina.

The class picture which took several threats to Kael to get him to stay put. He kept trying to scurry away.

The kids working on their Halloween craft: a Treat bag.

Hopefully he'll want to wear the helmet that came with his costume tonight, and not the bag.

Kael and Aaron mummifying Rylen.

The aftermath of the Mummy game.

Kael handing out his treats.

Snacktime. Malia eating a cracker and trying to snitch more food off Kael's plate.

Kael trying to get to the garbage without spilling the grapes rolling all over his plate. Another parent and I were watching his slow progress, laughing, until she took pity and took the plate from him.

All the kids were very cute. When it was time for me to leave with Malia, some of the kids asked me to leave her at school so they could play with her. I wonder sometimes if they see her as the class mascot...


No comments: