Sunday, October 28, 2007

Disneyland IS the Happiest Place on Earth!

But only early in the mornings.

Today we decided to brave the Gates of Disneyland. It opened at 8:00am and we were determined to get there early with the hopes of beating the crowds. We left the house at 8:10am and hit the pavement of Main Street at 8:42am. Not bad at all! I was quite impressed with the Mai's for hustling our butts this morning. We weren't alone by any means but we definitely cruised up the lines at a fast pace. It was freaking fantastic, compared to our last two failed attempts at visiting the Magic Kingdom. We still haven't been able to do the Nemo ride though -- it was already an hour+ wait and barely 9:00am. I hope by Spring 2008 the newness will wear off and we'll get to see what all the hoopla is about.

We did the Buzz ride first and from there we rode 7 additional rides by 11:00am. Pretty cool if I do say so myself!
1- Buzz LightYear (aka Astro Blasters)
2- The Orbitor - I'm never going on this one again http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-27.gif
3- Dumbo
4- Tea Cups
5- The Carousel - Malia had to be pried off, kicking and screaming when the ride ended
6- The Haunted Mansion - we had to wrestle Kael in to see this one
7- Jungle Cruise
8- Tiki Room - Malia was dancing in the aisle, it was really cute

It was only 11:00am and we could have gone on more rides (MORE!! I was on a "short line" high) but Kael said he was hungry and Truong had a tee time at 1:20pm. So we ate lunch at the Rainforest Cafe (just beat the crowd, thank goodness) where the kids scarfed their food. Truong and I were amazed. We couldn't believe these were our children. Who are these kids and why are they eating our food?!

All in all it was a great Sunday.


Despite Kael's look of fear, he really enjoys this ride.



Malia waving to me on the Orbitor. I hate this ride. I'm never going on it again. Just thinking about it makes me want to heave.



Spinning on the Tea Cups. Riding this wasn't one of my better ideas, especially so soon after the Orbitor. Malia looks like she agrees with me.



She loves this ride now. She won't even let you hold her on the horse. She'll fling your hands off so she can ride solo. I know what she's going to want when she turns 5...



The Mai's. Minus Mom. I'm like Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster: people talk about me but you never see me in pictures.



Malia on the ride home, giddy on cotton candy (that's what all that crud is on her face).



Kael is going through this phase where he likes to make funny faces whenever I try to take his picture. I haven't decided if it's cute or irritating. Right now it's 70-30, favoring cute but quickly sliding to irritating.

No comments: