Thursday, October 25, 2007

Treats in the Street: The Recap

So we went. I can't say that we conquered... but we went. All in all it should have been a great time: the weather wasn't too hot (last year we practically melted), the air was not smoky (considering almost all of Southern California is on fire), and it wasn't as crowded as it was in the past years.

Kael doesn't like interacting in crowds. He's good at Disneyland because we're just getting on rides. But if you asked him to interact with crew members, he would become mute, deaf and blind. Anyway, back to TorT... he wanted candy but not enough to say "trick or treat." The first few times he mumbled it and then he finally said he didn't want any candy at all, just to avoid saying it to complete strangers, with hoards of people waiting for their turn. Malia was a growth on Dad -- she did not want down at all. Totally understandable as this is her first real Halloween. Given some of the costumes out there and how small she is, I'd want to hitch a ride on someone too.

We came in with the Harris's and ran into the Bickmeier's. We tried to meet up with the De Mattia's but never crossed paths. I think the Kendall's were there too but I totally forgot to call them once we got in the Circle because I was trying to get Kael to relax and enjoy the evening.


Malia and Dad. I can't believe she actually wore the ears. She was not happy at having her nap cut short and was quite upset as we got ready to go. I bribed her with a bag of Pirate's Booty but even that wasn't enough to let me draw on her face. I had to sneak in a whisker one at a time, which explains why they are sort of crooked.



Kael and Westin. aka The Fireman and the Peacock. Westin looked SO CUTE in his costume. But nothing prepares you for the next picture...



The Mai's and the Harris's. This picture is really to let you see Westin and Rylan dressed as peacocks. Individually they were both very cute. Together, though, they were street stopping. It was awesome! I told Char she should of told us both kids were peacocks -- I would have dressed up my kids too and we could have been a flock! A herd? A gaggle?



Getting in line for a treat. The lines amaze me every year. It literally wraps around itself in a circle. These kids would wait and wait and wait... for a single piece of candy. The businesses really have to ration out the candy to make sure they have enough so in the beginning the kids get a gum drop, a jolly rancher, a sweet tart. Towards the end is when they start giving out hand fulls.



The boys: Westin (peacock), Kael (fireman) and Josh (Optimus Prime, minus the mask). Look at those genuine smiles.



Group shot: Malia, Rylan, Westin, Kael, Josh and Kaitlyn.
Malia once again is trying to take off. Have you noticed almost all of her pictures since she started walking are of her trying to go somewhere?



Kael and Westin in front of the old fire truck they call Alfie. I don't know why it's called Alfie. It just is.



Whenever I see this picture I have to laugh. I have 4 shots of Westin either pecking himself with his beak or trying to get the beak off his face. Whatever he's doing, it was really funny.



Cute shot of Malia and her most favorite person in the world. Not to be mistaken for the person who nurses her 3-5 times a day, who wakes up with her in the middle of the night whenever she needs me, who feeds her every meal, who changes 95% of her diapers every day, and who rescues her from her brother. No, not that person. This is her favorite person.



This is Malia saying "shhh!" to the MC at the costume parade.

Halloween is next week so we've got a week to work out the Trick or Treating kinks. I'm passing out glow bracelets at home so I guess it's really Truong's problem. hee hee!

No comments: