Saturday, September 6, 2008

Yes. I'm still here.

No. I haven't had the baby yet.
Yes. I'm getting anxious.
Yes. I'm very uncomfortable.

These are the comments that come out of my mouth several times a day as I make my rounds going about town:

Rosa and Jenny, the deli ladies at the grocery store.
Heidi, the checkout girl at Ralph's.
Man and Sinet, the doughnut shop ladies.
Lisa, the gymnastics teacher.
Parents from gymnastics class.
Margie and Sara, the Swim School ladies.
Parents from swim class.
Various teachers, aides and parents I know from Kael's school.
Our neighbors.

My family calls from the Bay Area.
My sibling-in-laws call from Santa Cruz and Sacramento.

Truong calls me from work: "So, how are you feeling? Baby coming anytime soon?"
Even my own friends who see me everyday, call and then act all disappointed when I pick up the phone: "Oh. You picked up the phone. I guess that means you're still pregnant."

ARGGHHH!!!

I'm starting to feel the pressure to evict this kid out.

No comments: