Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Not without a fight.

Blub is not coming out anytime soon. Not without a fight anyway. And maybe a super-vacumn to force him/her out.

Kael would be born tomorrow (38 weeks) around 5:00pm. Malia 3 days following at 5:00am (38 weeks, 3 days). They both showed great progress the weeks preceding birth, in terms of dilation and effacement.

And here's Blub, one day shy of 38 weeks:
1 (measly) cm dilated
A mere 60% effaced

Last week I was a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced.

I'm so sad. Even Dr. Linzey, my OB, said he was surprised there was so little progress. He expected me to be more of both. And then he said "But that doesn't mean anything, Sonya -- you can still go at anytime." I think he threw that bone at me when he saw how disappointed I was. He's such a nice guy -- even if he does lie.

I guess I should have expected that since Blub hasn't dropped at all. I haven't gained any weight (still at a gain of 24 lbs) and Blub hasn't gotten any bigger either (still measuring at 34 cm). As such, I have a sonogram scheduled for Friday morning.

Yesterday my "friend" Linda sent me an email telling me that her sister (who has the same exact due date as me) went into labor. Her water broke at 6:00am and she was at the hospital. Lucky girl. (Thanks Linda -- I feel so much better.)

Immediately following that email was an email from Shana, telling me that since she didn't get a "I'm going to the hospital!" phone call, it was safe to say that I'm still with child and on a good note, at least I could go to Open House at Kael's school. So yes, I did waddle my way to Open House. And sat in those little itty bitty chairs, at Kael's little itty bitty desk. Wedged myself in and almost couldn't pry myself out.

Kael's school has a Festival this Friday. We would have to purchase $60 worth of tickets for the entire family to go, that includes tickets for meals and rides. Shana and Patrick think that I should buy those tickets, commit myself into going -- THEN I'll go into labor.

And then Patrick added "Be sure to have sex first."

Of course - leave it to the man to always find a way to add that. Sheesh.

No comments: