Saturday, July 7, 2007

We have a winner!

Summer is not complete without the multiple purchases of plastic backyard water activity toys. I was on a quest for the perfect one -- and I can happily say that I have found it!

There is a science to finding the right pool that will not only keep the preschooler entertained but also keep the baby safe. You can't really utilize a pool for all it's worth due to fear of drowning for the baby. Or you can just not fill it up as much but then what fun is ankle deep water for a daredevil 3.5 year old?

I found a water mat that combines a shallow area for great splash-ability and little holes all around for water sprinkling. When Truong took it out of the box, we couldn't figure out how the thing worked. Do you blow it up? Where do you put the pump? How big is it? So we decided to hook it up and check it out. It was late afternoon (5pm) and the weather, while still warm, was in no way hot enough to take the chill out of hose water. We figured our pampered kids wouldn't want to venture in. But just in case, we specifically told Kael and Malia: "DO NOT GO IN!"

And let me tell you: our kids don't listen to us worth a damn.

The instant Truong turned his back to adjust the water pressure, the kids dove right in. Fully clothed. And laid there. They looked so utterly delighted at the new pool that we didn't have the heart to haul them out.

Can Malia look any happier?











Malia is trying to catch the water with her mouth.











If the kids could sleep in water, I think they would be totally happy.









Big splash!


















My wet happy boy.






She had a really odd look on her face and I couldn't figure out why. She was in this position for several seconds. I thought something was wrong.




Then I saw why: one of the water sprinklers was shooting up in her ear.











Full facial














Ohh, that's a lot of water.
















Alright - I'm outta here. Me and my 60 pound diaper.










The way the kids were jumping around in there, I hope the pool will resist popping and last the rest of the summer. I think I'm going to order another one -- just in case!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Cruzin Cooler
For the dedicated picnic'er. The nice part about it is it's environmentally friendly: it can be either gas or electric powered. Just another way to help save the environment without losing out on any fun.



No comments: