Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Food is for eating.

What is it about eating that my kids just don't get?!


Kael eats a variety of foods but he takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to finish a meal. He stores food in his mouth like he's saving it for later. Or he sits at the table and stares off into space. It's not unusual for a meal to drag on for 2 hours.

Malia eats everything.... but just one or two spoons then she's on to the next item. She prefers to self-feed but likes to wave her spoon around like it's a flag so we've retired the spoon in favor of the spork. She's definitely a carnivore and she seems to go in cycles with the other food groups. She went on a veggie binge a few weeks ago and now it's a fruit binge. But she will always eat meat.


With a face like this, I can't be mad at her for making such an awful mess.









She also likes to rub food in her hair. It drives me crazy! Especially when rice gets really stuck in her hair and I have to pick it out like I'm picking nits.








This is what happens when she rubs Earth's Best Summer Vegetable Dinner in her hair. I can't wait to see what she does with her hair when it starts to grow longer. If you look at her arm, you will see what happens when you give her a spoon with baby food.


Squeezing watermelon to make juice. After she makes juice, she lays it on the tray and then smashes it with her hand, splattering juice and watermelon remnants everywhere.












Another mealtime favorite is to flick her straw, spraying milk in every direction. I should get combat pay for each mealtime I go through with her.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pee Goal - for the sports enthusiast.

Too bad I can't get one of these for the house. It would definitely help with Kael's aiming.

No comments: