Friday, July 20, 2007

Is there a doctor in the house?

Poor Malia. A few weeks ago she was hit with a mystery rash that covered her entire body. Last night she got the mystery fever. It got as high as 104 but today it was a manageable 102. She was so grouchy and mad at the world. Whenever Kael gets sick (which isn't very often - knock on wood) he's a blob: plop him in front of the TV and he's content to zone out for a while. Malia on the other hand is very demanding and kind of bossy. All she wanted was to be read to all day. Kael also wanted me to read him books so the kids took turns. At least that was what Kael was attempting to do. Malia would get so mad at him whenever she vacated my lap to get another book and Kael scooted on, that she would give Kael a ferocious frown, say "nonononono!" while trying to pull his book away. She'd try to toss it or lay her book on top of his, which of course infuriated Kael: "It's my turn, Malia!" Then they'd fight with Malia trying to shove him off my lap and Kael refusing to budge because it was, after all, his turn. Watching this drama unfold was very... enlightening. I got a glimpse of what to expect a few years on down the line. And I swear I felt more gray hairs sprout out of my head.

I stepped in and told Malia that it was her brother's turn and she could share my lap. She did not want to share and proceeded to fling herself on the floor next to my lap and throw a tantrum. A full tantrum, complete with the body-flailing-like-a-fish and leg thumping/thrashing. It was hilarious! I wished I had my camera on hand to record it.


This is what we look like when the kids cooperate and share.














She likes to practice her frowns.











Remember Malia's cup fetish? Here she is digging into her favorite cubby.
















Look at how happy she is to have found something in there. She's paying more interest in that bottle now than she ever did and she still doesn't know how to drink out of it.







Cup #2.


























I see something way back there....




















Got it! Cup #3























And Cup #4






















Call me crazy but I just put all her Take-n-Toss cups and lids in there too. So now we've got about 20 cups and their corresponding lids all over the damn place. Why do I do this to myself?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Hayfever Hat


Never run out of tissue again.

No comments: