Friday, July 6, 2007

Calling Ansel Adams

Kael has been showing a great interest in my camera lately so we decided to buy him his own. It's the Fisher Price Kid-Tough digital camera so we sacrifice quality for durability. It's a great camera that teaches him the basics of taking pictures while being very kid friendly (for example: it's got a view finder for each eye so he doesn't have to wink one eye shut). He's pretty good at it although he still sometimes forget to point at what he wants to shoot and ends up taking a picture of his feet. Or the ground. Or his tummy. We're going to work on standing still while taking a picture to eliminate the fuzziness but I have a feeling that's going to be a tough one for him to handle.

Kael + standing still = in my dreams

He and Dad went for a walk after dinner and he happily snapped away. At everything. I mean EVERYTHING! Back at home, I plugged it into the USB port and Kael described to me every picture he took. Here are some of my favorites - the descriptions are verbatim from Kael:


Our new grass
We just put in new sod and it's been off limits for 2 weeks. He's very excited and can't wait to run across the new turf when the ban is lifted.


Daddy's car.














The box.
I don't know what the significance of this box is, but apparently it's not 'a' box, it's 'the' box.





Daddy.
From Truong's posture it looks like Kael requested Dad to pose and Dad's a little embarrassed to do so in front of the neighbors. Honey, you look cool as always!


Daddy again.
A close up.
A little too close!










Leaves in the water. The dirty water.
My personal favorite.
We started calling the street run-off water "dirty water" to keep him from splashing in it. It worked for a little bit until he started wearing his rain boots to splash (unbeknownst to me - the little stinker). We've since given up on stopping him but the name stuck.



My feet and shoes!
I'm pretty sure this was taken on purpose as I have another picture of Truong's shoes in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sauce Dispensing Chop Sticks
Soy sauce on the left, hot sauce on the right - just squeeze to get the perfect amount.

No comments: