Sunday, September 2, 2007

Test Results are In!

Well, actually they've been in for a week or so but I keep forgetting to post them. Thank you to everyone who asked.

So here are the results from Malia's tests:

Blood - Negative for celiac's disease
Poop - Negative for malabsorption
Sweat - Negative for CF

What does that all mean?? It means she's perfectly normal. Her thyroid test done earlier was within normal ranges too. Soo, she's just a little peanut. A really REALLY little peanut.

She's been on a food and milk strike the past few weeks and I can tell she's lost weight. The pants that she used to fit are saggy and she's back to wearing some things in size 3-6 months. I can count on her to eat at least 2-3 spoons of whatever I'm feeding her before she refuses. Interestingly though, she has no problems eating pretzels and mint chocolate chip ice cream. Yesterday Truong was giving her some of his mint ice cream and I placed a piece of real food on top (I can't remember what it was). She ate it but had a look on her face like "What the heck?!" We did it again and she gave me an evil eye but ate it. The third time Truong put the real food on first then scooped a bit of ice cream with the tip of the spoon -- and she just ate the ice cream and use her tongue to push back the food. Smart girl. So next Truong got ice cream first and put food on top, in front. She used her lips and sucked the ice cream from underneath the food and left the food on the spoon. Again.

So do you think we're going to have any eating issues with her?

This morning we went to dim sum and she seemed to like it. She certainly ate more that she's been eating, and she ate a lot of the pluot I gave her for dessert. I think there's something about holding the fruit in her hands and taking a bite out of it that's getting her to eat the fruit. Maybe I should make a giant meatball the size of a baseball and let her have a go at it... At this point I'm willing to try anything!

No comments: