Monday, September 17, 2007

Pop Quiz

Question 1:
What's the worst thing that can happen at dinner (that doesn't involve regurgitation)?

Answer:
Food throwing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Question 2:
What's the worse food you can eat for dinner when involved in food throwing?

Answer:
Rice.

Because it's got enough substance to get lift and distance, sticky enough to stick wherever it lands, small enough to get into crevices and buckles, and soft enough to smear when you try to wipe it up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Question 3:
What's the worse side dish you can eat with rice when involved in food throwing?

Answer:
Fish. In this case salmon.

Enough said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I give her a spoon. I give her a fork. I even give her a specially shaped plate for easy scooping. And what is her preferred method of food delivery?

Her hands. And she does it with such glee that I can't really get irritated at her.

Until I look at the mess on the floor (in a 3 foot radius), on her chair, tossed across the table and worked into her hair.

And I find that YES, I can get irritated after all. So I take away dinner and give her avocado spears for dessert.

Bad move, mom. Bad move.

No comments: