Saturday, September 8, 2007

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth

Woo-hoo! Christmas came early to the Mai house and with it came not one... not two... but FOUR teeth!!

All I can say is: finally. Maybe now we can get some sleep and perhaps squeeze in a meal (or two or three). Malia's top two molars cut through Monday and Tuesday. I noticed that her bottom tooth was starting to push up and thought to myself: "great, another month of agony." But surprisingly it cut through within a few days. And even more surprising was another bottom tooth on the other side cut through last night without any of her typical signs of teething (no red gums, no bruising).

Unfortunately with her new teeth making an appearance, also comes biting. She's like a little piranha - biting all exposed areas within reach. My arm, my shoulder, my fingers... Kael. He is not thrilled about this new development in her personality and in fact I'm waiting for him to bite back. I know it's coming, the writing's on the wall -- or in this case, his face, that look in his eyes -- so it's just a matter of when.

No comments: