Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Monster Truck Jam

Five years ago, if you said to me: "Sonya, you're going to buy (with real money, money that your husband worked hard to earn) Monster Truck Jam tickets so that your 5.5 year old son could watch huge ass trucks race around in the dirt, crushing cars..." I would have laughed in your face.

Monster Truck Jam?! Puh-leez!

But thanks to Erin and Josh Bickmeier who last year took my boys to a Monster Jam (where, if you remember, Kael asked if monsters drove the trucks), my kid is now hooked on monster trucks. So yes, I did indeed purchase 2 outrageously expensive Monster Jam tickets for a Father and Son bonding night.

I still can't believe it. Kael had a great time so I think this will be the boys' special time together.

Here are some pictures taken by Truong:


I especially like the Dad and the little baby getting their picture taken at the front of the truck. Maybe I should have let Truong take Taede too.


Kael's favorite truck. I don't know why. I hope it's because of the huge tires and not because of the picture on it.


Grave Digger - the crowd favorite. Pardon Kael eating his granola bar. Remember this is DAD taking the pictures.


We always carry protection.


The track. I'm sure it makes sense to someone. Just not to me.


Grave Digger doing a jump. Or a crush. I guess it's a race of some sort. I'm not sure how points are tallied or how a winner is declared.


Truong's favorite part of the night: the Demolition Derby. These cars are racing around the track, towing whatever the hell they want towards some kind of end goal where a winner is declared. Some are towing boats, one's towing a golf cart and the crowd favorite -- a Port-A-Potty.


What everyone was waiting for: the demolition. The cars and their trailers started loosing control and crashing into each other. The Port-A-Potty was the first to go and got smashed into a million pieces.

< <> sigh <> >
Boys....

I can't wait for Malia to get to an age where we can do some Mother-Daughter bonding... at a spa.

1 comment:

ebickmeier said...

You're welcome for introducing yet another "first" to Kael! :)