Sunday, May 11, 2008

Roomies - Bedtime #2

After dinner we took the kids for a long walk. They rode in the Chariot while Truong walked and pushed, and I straggled along after him. Boy, I'm really out of shape this pregnancy! We took the long way and came home later than I would have liked (7:45pm). I was aiming for an earlier bedtime for Kael since he has school tomorrow. Of course since time was of the essence (with washing up, teeth brushing, and bedtime stories), Kael decided he had to do a #2.

Sheesh. Every single time we have to do something by a certain time and it was getting close, you can count on Kael to squeeze out a nugget or two.

Anyway, we finally get the kids to bed. Truong read to Kael and I read to Malia. We exchanged kids for hugs and kisses -- and put them to bed. Truong reminded Kael that he had to stay in his bed and I told Malia it's sleepytime so no talking, and we walked out. It's about 8:10pm or so.

At first they talk for a little bit. Malia's walking around her crib, trying to get Kael to come over and party. Kael actually kicks off the covers but doesn't head over. He thrashes around in bed for a bit before he decides he's too tired and settles back in. Plus he knows I set up the other camera and it's pointed at him so I can see him now. I like to think that it's his respect of his parents' wishes that he stay in bed but if truth be told, he was probably dead tired and really just wanted to sleep. Malia continues to talk to him but after a few minutes of Kael's silence, she gives up and starts chatting to the Backyardigans. I need to pull her away from the shutters because she can really bang them (very loudly) open and shut. I switch the monitor over to Kael and the poor kid has burrowed deep down into his sheets to escape Malia's racket.

At 8:40pm, I think Kael's fallen asleep but Malia is still roaming around her crib. She's quieted down but still awake. I go take a shower and come back to a sweet sight: Malia curled up in a ball in the corner of her crib -- sound asleep!

Total time: about 1 hour.

No comments: