Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"Mama! I have a ZERO!"

Huh??

This came from Malia from the backseat. We were on the way to swim class and she was munching on a cup of Chex Mix.

"What did you say, baby?"

"A zero, Mama! I have a zero!"

I still didn't know what the heck she was talking about so I turned around at a light to see if I could decipher what she said. What I saw was Malia (with a triumphant smile on her face) holding up the pretzel piece from her cup of Chex mix. You know, the round one? (See picture.)



"I have a ZERO!"

Omigosh. I was speechless. It was so funny and yet so... so... insightful.

And she was right: it was indeed a zero.

1 comment:

katelyn said...

Malia is a genius in a pretty little package. By the way you mentioned "boy" when referring to the new baby. Is there something you are not tell me???

Your blog was a ridiculously entertaining!!!!