Tuesday, November 13, 2007

School Pictures - Take II

So we re-took Kael's school pictures. One friend said he looked half-baked. Another said orange isn't the new black. And still another said he looked like he was caught with his pants down - a deer in the headlights kind of look.

Picture #1


Never let it be said that I can't take a hint. I opted to turn in the original set and chanced taking a new picture. I made sure I left Kael with the instructions to open his eyes wide and smile nice and big. I changed his shirt to a nice button down, light green plaid Quicksilver shirt (courtesy of Ryan Di Dodo). I even combed his hair and sprayed some detangler on it. I asked his teacher Mrs. Morin to please make sure he stays presentable. You know... make sure his collar's straight, his shirt is buttoned, his hair isn't sticking up at odd angles, the usual stuff. She said that the picture people take care of that and since there's not as many kids retaking, they should have more time to fix the kids up.

Picture #2


So what do you think?

By the way, Kael's favorite color is orange, hence the orange shirt last year and this year. What happened this year is he wanted to wear his favorite shirt: a blindingly bright tie-dye straight from the '60's, "peace, love and bongs" t-shirt. I unequivocally said NO. We have 5 polo shirts in various shades of blue, gray, and olive green, and one orange, that he was allowed to choose from. He selected the orange.

I felt I had to explain why Kael wore orange two years in a row as that was the most asked question in regards to the school pictures. Sheesh.

No comments: