Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Help me! I'm stuck!

Malia had a total of 3 showers today -- and it was only 5:30pm.

Shower #1
My kids get a shower every morning. They are sweaty sleepers and quite honestly it's much easier to deal with Malia's hair when wet. Her hair is so fine that it's impossible to get it into any kind of style unless it's wetted down.

Shower #2
Truong got a haircut today and Malia just happened to wake up from her nap when he came home. She looked a little dopey and was a little sweaty from her nap. The REI sleeping bags they have are super warm and they usually wake slick with sweat. So in the shower they went.

Shower #3
It was dinnertime so I took Malia to the bathroom. She kept on insisting that she didn't have to poop. Kind of like a preemptive strike: deny the need to go before Mom insists that she goes. That kind of led me to believe that she really needed to go but didn't want to take the time away from her cousins. So of course I insisted that she go. A little reverse psychology that went awry on her part. However, she didn't protest much as I plopped her on the potty so I figure I was right. I leave her to her privacy and a few minutes later I heard a splash. Way to go Malia! A few minutes after that I heard her say: "Mama! Help me -- I'm stuck!"

I walk into the bathroom to see her -- how do I describe this? -- stuck in the potty with her legs up by her ears, trying to get some leverage to hoist herself out.

I have to admit I considered running to get the camera to snap a shot but she was slipping lower so I saved her instead. I asked her what happened, Baby?

Malia: "I fell in and got stuck! My bottom is all dirty now. I want a shower, Mommy."

So that's the story behind Shower #3. Hopefully we won't have to do a Shower #4 but it's still early.

No comments: