Sunday, April 6, 2008

Random Pictures

I had some pictures I thought I'd post because they are funny and pretty much tell a story about A Day in the Life of Me.


Here are the kids playing in Malia's crib. OK, you think, so what? The kids are playing with each other - great! Well, I wasn't in the room. I was putting away laundry. I heard giggling and walked in on them like this. Meaning, I did not put Malia in the crib. She cannot climb in herself - she's too little. I asked Kael how did Malia get in?? He replied I did it, Mom! I put Malia in.

Hmm. That's... good. I think. I do wonder how he did it. Did he climb in first and then pull her up? Or did he push her from behind, essentially having her land on her face? I don't think I'll ever know. And quite honestly, I'm not sure I want to know. As long as necks aren't broken, I'm happy to stay ignorant.


This is Malia's face while playing with markers. After having such a great time with paints, I decided to let them draw with markers and dot markers. Things I thought were easier to manage than paints.


Taking a lesson from the painting session, she decided to tattoo herself. This is a bad habit that I'm going to be hard-pressed to break.


For some reason she thought the markers were getting their color from the dot markers so she kept "dipping" the markers. It was funny to see how seriously she was in keeping with routine: dip, draw, dip, draw. When the markers read "Non-Toxic" they really mean that, right?


Horsey is an integral part of our family. In addition to feeding Horsey (which has resulted in mealtime disasters) she decided to tattoo him as well. I am just extremely grateful that I have 2 Horsey's. I'm still on the search for #3 though. The amount of time he spends in the washing machine is sure to shorten his lifespan.


They now have His and Her's tattoos. Fabulous.


The kids working on the poster that they gifted to Dad. Unfortunately it never made it to Dad's office because Kael thought it would be cool to use it as a parachute. Not surprisingly, the poster ended up in multiple pieces, so one of these afternoons, they will make another one. I will have to allow enough time to pass to dilute any toxicity of ink soaking through into Malia's skin first.

No comments: