Monday, May 11, 2009

Dance Recital

Malia had her first dance recital on Saturday. I was on the fence about having her participate because she's not into tap at all and the recital was a tap routine. She's all about ballet.

Well, if truth be told, she doesn't really pay much attention in class period but she does pay slightly more attention during the ballet portion than she does the tap. Plus the routine the instructors had the kids do was too complicated in my opinion. Linda and I couldn't remember all the steps and in the end Linda had to record it on her phone to email it to me so that we could practice it at home with the girls.

Didn't help. At least not in Malia's case.

Then there was the whole paying to be a part of the recital bit. What the heck am I paying the monthly dues for?! I was a little peeved about that but was talked into going (Linda) so Malia could have her first recital.

It was very crowded and one little girl freaked out and cried. I was worried that Malia would freak out as well but she did great. She didn't smile or do the routine, but she didn't cry or freeze either. In the end, it was cute and at least she's got this experience down. The next recital we do hopefully will be ballet and maybe, just maybe, she might showcase a move or two.

Enjoy the pictures. I took a ton, but they all showed pretty much the same thing: Malia standing there looking around with her hands in her pocket. So I just posted my favorites.

No comments: