Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Big Yellow Bus

Last week Kael took his first bus ride to a carnival at the Prep Academy. He was so excited. All the kids were excited as I believe it was everyone's first time on the Big Yellow School Bus. Or as Malia said: "Look Mommy! It's the Magic School Bus!"

Here are some pictures -- you can practically feel their excitement.


Kael and his best friend in class Ethan. The class used the Buddy system and luckily Ethan was his buddy.


Kael's so excited.


He's really REALLY excited.






Parents were not allowed at the carnival so it was a leap of faith to let him go without any parent chaperons. I was reassured that there would be a ton of supervision -- both teachers and aides, in addition to 8th graders assigned to watch the kids -- so my fears of Kael wandering off campus alone was somewhat alleviated. However, I did tell Karen (the Admissions Director, whom I saw directing kids to their buses) that if they lost Kael, I wanted my tuition money refunded.

She agreed but minus the deposit as the year was almost over.

No comments: