Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I made an ocean!

This kids used to bathe together. But the constant bickering and the "MOM! Kael did this! MOM! Malia did that!" got to me so now they shower separately. Kael goes in the kids' bathroom and Malia is in mine. I go back and forth between the two bathrooms to brush teeth and soap up in addition to making sure they aren't trying to make their own bubble bath with the shampoo pump. (Yes, I caught them doing this a couple of times with my expensive shampoo.) I consider bathtime as my mini-aerobics work-out.

Malia's newest thing is asking for 2 more minutes. It's kind of cute. She will ask that I get Kael out first and give her two more minutes. I'm OK with this as Kael is pretty self-sufficient. I help dry him and then he's able to lotion up and dress himself while I take care of Malia. This shaves off a few minutes.

Tonight, I had the 3 kids on my own so Malia got a little more than 2 extra minutes. By the time I was ready for her, it was more like 6 minutes. I holler into the bathroom that her minutes were up and I was coming in for her so please do a final rinse. I get what I think is a "Mommy, I made an ocean!" from her.

I wasn't sure I heard right and quite frankly, with Taede hollering because he was so tired and Kael going on about his bakugans, I didn't pay much attention. I grab her towel and she's now talking about how she's a mermaid, going diving in her ocean. I open the shower door and she's flat on her back on the bottom of the shower stall, stretched out. Floating.

She took a cup, turned it over and plugged the drain. There was about 4 inches of water pooled in the stall and she just small enough to fit lengthwise.

"Look Mommy! I made an ocean! I'm a mermaid and I'm diving!"

I need to make sure I really stick with that 2 minute mark otherwise her ocean is going to flood over. If that happens I will consider the backyard hose for future showers.

No comments: