Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Kids

Just a very fast update on the kids before I head off to bed. My very exciting life tires me out so much that I start nodding off by 9:00pm. I remember a time (from another life) where we used to go out at 9:00pm.

The kids are doing great. Kael loves his brother and I can hear him telling people "That's my new baby brother. I don't remember his name but he just came out of my mommy's tummy."

OK, so it's not the most loving of tributes ("I don't remember his name...") but I think it's way cute that he's so proud to have a baby brother that he announced it to people at swim lessons, an older lady at Target, the librarian, and the deli counter lady. Mrs. Morin (his preschool teacher from last year) laughingly told me that she asked him for a week what his brother's name was and Kael kept telling her that he didn't know. Or he couldn't remember. In Kael's world, Taede's real name is "Baby Brother."

I had fears of Malia not adjusting too well but my fears were unfounded: our little girl is very loving to Taede. She's constantly asking to hold him and always gives him kisses whenever a body part is within reach (a foot, a leg, a hand, an elbow...). I have to keep a watchful eye on her whereabouts because there's been times when she sneaks into my room where Taede is sleeping to hug him. I've caught her trying to climb into the co-sleeper with him. I need a cat bell around her ankles or something so I know where she's at all times.








Our Little Big Sister.

With her Pirate tattoo.

No comments: