Tuesday, October 21, 2008

5 min. Chocolate Cake in a Mug

Here's a new recipe that I've heard is pretty good (from all the reviews) but have yet to try it out myself. It's for a chocolate cake that you make in a coffee mug. As you can see, the recipe name is pretty self-explanatory.

1 Coffee Mug
4 Tbsp Flour
4 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Cocoa
1 egg (can be substituted with 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce for a super moist cake)
Dash of Baking Powder (optional)

Mix up real good then add:

3 Tbsp Veg. Oil
3 Tbsp Milk
Splash of Vanilla

Mix again.

Last optional add in:
3 Tbsp of Mini-Chocolate chips. Gently fold in, not too much otherwise they sink to the bottom.

Set the microwave for 3 minutes but stay and watch. Once the cake reaches maximum height and starts to sink back down, it's DONE! Let cool (while you grab some milk or ice cream) then eat away.

As I mentioned before, I haven't tried this yet. I need to get cocoa powder. But knowing what a chocolate fiend Erin is, I'm sure she'll try it soon and send me feedback.

No comments: