Wednesday, August 6, 2008

You know you're a touch grouchy when....

Your 4.5 year old looks at you and says:

"Daddy says that when you're tired, you get really crabby. Are you tired, Mommy?"

Ouch.

And yes, that would be an affirmative: I am tired. In fact, I am beyond tired. I am exhausted. Bone deep exhausted.

The weather is heating up again and this time it feels like it's worse due to the humidity. So that doesn't help.

I'm getting bigger and it's harder, more painful to move around. I curse the stairs on an hourly basis. I hate riding in Truong's car with its bloody bucket seats. I swear Truong drives me around in the Audi just he can get giggles watching me struggle, trying to hoist myself out like a walrus stuck in an inner tube.

Malia is so small that potty teaching her is a pain in the rear because of all the bending and squatting I have to do. This is definitely an instance where boys are better than girls: with Kael, I just had to point and shoot. Malia I have to get down to eye level and for some odd reason, she doesn't pee down! Half the time she pees out - meaning at me! Shana warned me, but I thought she was smoking crack and perhaps there was something anatomically wrong with Gina. But apparently she was right: unless girls lean forward, they too can pee out above and beyond the toilet seat.

Kael unfortunately is bearing the brunt of my impatience. I try to be patient... but golly, if he would just listen to me...!! OK OK. I realize that I'm not the most patient, not the most rational of human beings right now but I will do my best to take deeper breaths and maybe start counting to 50 before opening my mouth.

Better make that 75, since tomorrow is supposed to be 90 degrees with a humidity level ranging between 50% and 64%; Grandma is leaving for up north for about 3 weeks; and Truong will also be out of town starting Friday, possibly through Tuesday of next week.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 .....

No comments: