Friday, August 1, 2008

Another one bites the dust.

After dinner the kids played in the yard while Truong and Grandma did some gardening. I escaped upstairs for some alone time so the kids weren't well supervised. But really, how much damage can 2 kids do in an enclosed area, right?

Around 8:00pm, I called them in for showers. Kael was dancing around naked as usual while I struggled to get Malia's clothes off for a trip to the potty. "Struggled" because she had something in her hand and I had a hard time getting her fist through her shirt sleeve. I finally figured out the problem, got her to open her hand... and this was what I saw:



AHH!! Holy cow! I snatched the contraband out of her hand and tossed it on the counter before Farmer Kael saw it. I quickly looked around for Kael and luckily he was still doing Naked Flashdance in the bedroom so he was none the wiser. Then Malia proudly said: "Look Mommy! I have a toe-may-mo!"... to which I furiously shushed her before her brother heard and caught on to what she did.

Poor Kael. He has been waiting for his tomatoes to fruit since his last harvest of 3 tomatoes. That's right. You read that correctly. Three tomatoes.

1-2-3.
THREE
.

He gave them to Malia and she gobbled them up in 2 seconds. She didn't even take the time to savor the organic flavor or the crisp juiciness of home-grown tomatoes. She just inhaled them and asked for more. That was a couple of months ago and Kael's been waiting ever since. So now we finally have a new crop of tomatoes.

Well, we did anyway. I have to go back out there to see if there are anymore besides this one that Malia snatched.

And just so you have an idea of how large Kael's prize winning tomatoes are:



But it's not the size that matters, right? It's how good it tastes. And according to Malia, Kael's toe-may-mo's are Blue Ribbon all the way.

No comments: