Thursday, August 14, 2008

Seeing is believing.

The countdown is 4 weeks.

4 weeks to get my act together.
4 weeks to get things for Blub ready.
4 weeks to... well, come to the realization that we're going to have another baby!

So far, I've accomplished -- nothing. Well, not "nothing" really. Since we don't know what we're having, it's kind of hard to prepare. I've got Malia's old preemie and newborn clothes out of storage. I just have to wash and organize them. I have some clothes from my many nephews sort of sorted, just waiting to be washed. I have diapers -- preemie and newborns.

Really, what else do I need?

Oh yeah -- the co-sleeper and car seat. Yeesh, only the 2 big ticket items. Technically I have the co-sleeper; it's in the garage. I think. I just need to, uh, find it (!!), air it out and then set it up. Thao has the car seat in Santa Cruz which will be given to me August 31.

So while I don't actually have anything ready to use if Blub decides to make an appearance tomorrow, everything is RIGHT HERE.

Speaking of getting things ready, I packed my hospital bag tonight. I suffer from major pregnancy induced amnesia and couldn't remember what actually goes in a hospital bag. Luckily Shana still remembers and we went over the list last night. If not for her, I would not have remembered to pack a going home outfit for Blub (*mental slap*). So after some digging around, I found a blue and pink preemie outfit which I am happy to say is being washed as I type. Going through Malia's old stuff brings back so many memories. Mostly disbelief that she was so darn tiny.



In the middle is one of her outfits.
Yes, she actually wore that.
No, it's not a toy doll outfit. It's an actual preemie outfit made and sold for real babies.
On the left is her doll. It's a regular sized doll. Nothing fancy.
On the right is a ruler. A regular 12 inch ruler.

I can't believe how much she's grown and yet she's not that big, compared to kids her age. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that in 4 weeks I'll be coming home with another little bundle.

Yikes. 4 weeks! And we still don't have a name.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean 4 weeks? You're full-term at 37 weeks, which means the baby could be here in less than 3 weeks! :)

The Mom said...

Thanks Tracey.
That's just what I wanted to hear. Thanks... Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

BTW, you look great!

Also, Ayumi, Jasen and their two dogs are staying with us over Labor Day weekend. They mentioned that you guys are free on Saturday. I told them I'd talk to you about something to do. Want to meet at the Huntington? It'll give the little ones something to do. Ayumi also suggested a beach (preferably dog-friendly so they can bring their dogs). I'm up to whatever. How are you for traveling? Let me know!