Monday, August 25, 2008

School Orientation

Sorry for the short post but it's getting late and I wanted to get this in before I post Kael's 1st day of school pics from tomorrow.

Today was school orientation for new parents and while we aren't new parents/students to the school, I took this opportunity to introduce Kael to his new teacher and to get a lay of the land. Junior Kindergarten is completely different from Preschool. They play in a different area and eat in a different area so I wanted to make sure Kael at least was aware of that. He freaks out when he gets disoriented so I wanted to be sure the transition was a smooth one.

I also wanted to check out his new teacher, Ms. Romo, since we were expecting Ms. Thompson. Ms. Romo seems very nice, and the way she set up her classroom was very cozy and engaging. Kael is sitting with his friends from preschool so that will help ease him into the new school year.

We were told that he had to wear his uniform today, hence the pictures. Just for the record, I'm not a complete dork -- I was not the only parent taking pictures on Orientation Day! He looks so handsome, like such a big boy. He was so proud to wear them, as evidenced by his mile wide smile. And being a school uniform, it's very durable. Meaning: it's thick as heck and most likely as comfortable as wearing cardboard. I bought some gently used uniforms and even "gently used" they feel like they were freshly starched. I can't imagine what the brand new ones feel like! Needless to say, the second we got home, he asked to take them off and spent the rest of the day in his tank and boxer briefs.

So, here's my handsome boy:

Check out his belt. We went to 2 stores before finding a pretty kid friendly belt that didn't have holes to line up and braids to punch through.


Upon entering the campus, Malia stated that she wanted to go to school too. Sure... she says that now. I'll bet money she'll be the loudest one when it comes time for me to actually leave her there!


Dad took some time off work to come to Orientation with us. And still keeping up with being a super Dad, he's coming to the first day of school tomorrow too!


Kael at his new desk. He's sitting next to his buddy Cole. I hope he and Cole pay attention to Mrs. Romo otherwise those boys are going to get into a lot of trouble.

I'll post First Day of School pictures tomorrow.

No comments: