Tuesday, December 25, 2007

It's a merry merry Christmas.

Greetings from the Artic, where it's about 50 degrees... in the house. But unlike Thanksgiving we are prepared this time. The kids are in 3 layers, wool socks (Malia is, since Kael keeps taking his off saying they are too slippery) and sometimes on particularly cold mornings, their fleece jackets. My mom walks around in gloves and a scarf. In the house.

It's been a great visit. My sister lives only 20 minutes away but decided to spend 3 nights at my parents' house to let the kids play. After opening the mountain of presents last night, the house is in complete shambles. We've had plasma-car races, hot wheels races (be careful where you step - those suckers hurt!), there are Darda race tracks all over and Malia's baby doll stuff is strewn throughout the house. You have to be quick on your feet otherwise you'll get your toes run over by the plasma-cars and Malia's shopping cart, and watch your head for Kael's helicopters. It's a war-zone here.

Amidst all this, my mom and sisters are preparing Chrismas dinner II (Part I was last night at the Korean House Restaurant - thanks to Alex for dish recommendations). I was told last night that I'm to prepare the prime rib for today so I'm in a little tailspin because everything is closed today and I don't have all I need to prepare it correctly. Oh well. I'll make something up. I think I saw some nutmeg and cinnamon somewhere, along with salt and pepper and the standard Vietnamese household condiment: fish sauce. (I can just see Erin and Shana wrinking their noses.)

Just kidding - I'm going to do a salt and horseradish crusted prime rib for dinner. No need for the fish sauce. We'll save that for another meal.

I have a ton of pictures but for some reason Truong's laptop isn't recognizing my card reader. For this reason, I'm going to save some of the funnier stories for later when you can see the pictures that go with it. Especially of Kael's split lip and Malia's eating while sleeping.

I hope you all are having a great Christmas with you and yours.

No comments: