Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So close

Two and a half weeks left of school and I finally get a phone call from school. Various friends have broken a variety of bones over the course of the school year and I would have bet the farm that Kael would have fallen in that group as well. But as we neared June 18, I thought he was in the clear.

OK, OK, I admit this isn't bad when compared to a broken bone. But it felt really weird. Usually Kael's head injuries are firm goose eggs. This felt... squishy. Like soft tofu. I actually called the doctor's office for this one, and was told to watch for dizziness and nausea.

So I got the phone call this morning and I had just finished making Taede's lunch. Darn it! Kael is not a graceful ceature so I'm used to head injuries with him (meaning: I'm not completely alarmed). I asked Mrs. Schaeffer:

"Is he bleeding?"
No.

"Is he conscious?"
Yes.

"Is he lucid?"
Yes.

"OK, he's fine. I'll swing by at 11:45 to check him out when I pick up Malia."

It was 10:00am when they called me. That was bad, right? To make him wait almost 2 hours before checking on him? Poor guy. But let it be known, that if there was a broken bone involved, I swear I would have left right away. Really. I swear it.

Btw, he and his friend AJ apparently ran full throttle into each other and both got knocked on the ass.

Ouch!


-- sent by iPhone

No comments: