Saturday, June 19, 2010

Payback's a b!tch.

I took a day off today and left the kids under Truong's complete care. I was home... but I wasn't there. I had a hair appointment at 7:30am and didn't come home until 10:00am. The house was a mess. The kids were doing random things and Truong was (of course) watching golf. I made him turn it off and interact with his children and then went upstairs to clean up as I had to take Kael to a birthday party at 11:00am.

As Kael and I started to leave, I looked over and noticed Truong was watching the younger two kids -- with his eyes closed. I of course yelled him awake and gave him the evil stink eye before we left.

I swear...

A little later right before dinner, he gathered the kids together to pick up their toys. The balls, of course, were scattered to the far corners of the house and under the couch. I could hear Truong swearing away about "damn balls" as he used Kael's lightsaber to fish them out from under the couch.

I had to stifle a giggle or two. I will admit it warmed my heart to see him gather balls. I only wished the kids did a better job of scattering them. I figure a few more days of having him clean up those damn balls and the fate of the ball pit is pretty well sealed.

{rubbing my hands together in anticipation}

No comments: