Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

We headed out to the Pumpkin Patch this morning, kind of a spur of the moment event. Typically I like to dress the kids in some sort of themed outfit for the season. At least in the right seasonal colors. Not so this morning. We woke up late (8:00am) and had a late breakfast. I'm trying to phase Taede towards one nap since he's been fighting 2 naps so we needed to do something to keep him up. Hence, the unplanned trip to the Patch.

I thought about changing the kids' clothes but that would have put Truong over the edge (he just doesn't get the importance of "dressing for the moment"). Besides I can never get any good pictures of the three of them anyway. Add the craziness of the Pumpkin Patch and it's a foregone conclusion that the pictures will be destined for family viewing, not printing.

Before I post the pictures (this is after all the family blog), I have a few things to clear up:

1) Yes, that is a black-eye Taede is sporting.

2) No, it was not a parent-inflicted black-eye.

3) Nor was it a sibling-inflicted black-eye.

4) Yes, this is in addition to the noggin konk he got the other day. It's the third accident in 2 days for those of you keeping count. (Or the fourth accident if you count the tooth chip.)

5) He fell against the corner of a low lying bookcase in the kids' room. (It still gives me chills to think about how close that came his eye.) I rearranged the room so hopefully this won't happen again. As another precaution, I'm getting the corner pads too.

On to the pictures...

DSC_0055
We had to start with the pony ride. Operative words: HAD TO. Malia would have it no other way. The only blip was when she requested her favorite pony Shiloh. We were told Shiloh no longer worked there. My first thought was: oh crap -- glue factory?! Anyway, Shiloh's destination remained unanswered and we told Malia that Shiloh went home. [[ to the glue factory! ]]

DSC_0059
Kael gets to trot on the big horse. He's not so sure he likes this because he gets pretty tossed. But as usual, he gets caught up in the moment and forgets that he doesn't like trotting until it's too late and he almost loses a Croc.

DSC_0060
There he goes!

DSC_0062
Hang on tight.

DSC_0069
What is it about little girls and their ponies?! She's in heaven.

DSC_0075
Mai Kids.
Take 1.
Stay Taede! STAY!

DSC_0077
Rats. He's making a break for it!!

DSC_0083
Taede and his shiner. In certain lights, it looks very dark. This picture is not so bad. He's healing incredibly fast. It's already fading.

DSC_0104
This is a better picture of the ouchie. I was getting funny looks...
Come on people! If I was abusing my baby do you really think I'd showcase him in public?! Sheesh.

DSC_0105
Going through the maze. I have yet to get a nice, normal picture of Kael. Do you understand now why we're doing the school picture re-take??

DSC_0107
"Wait up!! Wait for me!!"

DSC_0114
This is a decent picture of the kids. If you ignore the Deer-in-the-Headlights look from Taede. He's starting to feel the one nap stupor.

DSC_0122
Kael and Malia. The only reason I got this picture was because Kael was dying to get on. He was rushing Malia off.

DSC_0126
Taede's face reads: "I. Am. Tired. I want. To go. Home."

No comments: