Friday, June 12, 2009

Busy Little June Bugs

I can't believe it's June. The kids are officially on summer break as of today. What I'm going to do with them -- hell if I know! Kael is registered to attend a Science and Space Workshop/Camp for 3 weeks, maybe 4 (we register by the week). He's extremely excited but unfortunately for both of us, the workshop is only from 9:00am until 12:00pm. I still have the whole rest of the afternoon to entertain 3 kids who are all on very different playing fields. Heck, they aren't even playing in the same stadium: Kael and his Star Wars, Malia and her princesses, and Taede the determined stair climber.

Malia will attend a day camp as needed or whenever she gets bored at home. It's nice that I can send her in that morning if needed, so I can play it by ear.

As for Taede, his life is always enriching. Give him an empty tissue box and he's enthralled for a good 30 minutes. Toss a toy inside, rattle it around, and *voila* the tissue box becomes a tissue box with a toy inside. It's a brand new toy! Actually, if the timing is right, I'd like to do Gymboree with him as I did for the other two kids.

I have my sister and her family visiting for a week starting June 26, then we drive up north for the 4th of July for a week. My sister in law and her family are moving to San Diego July 17 so we'll visit them. And then we have about 3 weeks of no plans. Maybe hit a water park, maybe do summer camp, maybe go camping... Kael has 2 sessions of Science camp (Gizmos and Robots workshop and Fabulous Physics) -- possibly a third session called Powerful Planets -- then school starts beginning of September. Hopefully the kids will have plenty to do and yet have nothing to do so they can relax.

I remember looking forward to summer with all my being as a child. It's a totally different perspective as a parent. How did my parents do it with five kids?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some pictures from the kids' End of Year parties and them relaxing at home.

No comments: