Monday, June 8, 2009

Anyone out there? Hello?

I meant to post these pictures last week but we're entering the last week of school and there's much to do. Probably too much to do since I noticed that I'm doing the "stick my head in the sand and hope it all goes away" method of coping.

Anyway Taede is fully mobile and pulling up on everything. He's quite the handful since he's determined to summit the stairs come hell or high water. Unfortunately for me he's very quiet. The other kids kept a constant babble that helped me keep track of them. Not so Taede. However, I can distinguish the noise of his hands hitting the first couple steps from all the other usual noise the kids make.

It's astonishing how much mothers can attune certain senses to certain kids. There's definitely some truth behind the "eyes in the back of her head" motherhood lore.

In the hope that it would keep Taede downstairs, I pulled out some old toys from the Kael years that have been passed around to multiple kids.


The older kids loved the Cube. I don't know why as it's designed for babies 6months and up, but if it gets them to play together nicely -- and most importantly -- keeps Taede downstairs, they can dance on it for all I care.


"Who you looking at?"


He's finally growing into his eyes. If you look closely, you'll see a red bump on his noggin. He wants so badly to walk that he'll just let go and send a prayer that this time, it'll all work out (which it obviously hasn't yet). I'm tempted to get a helmet.

After enduring hourly head bonks, he's finally figured out that just letting go isn't going to do. So he's started to call me when he's pulled upright. When I get there, he holds out his hands but won't hold onto me. He lets go and the inevitable tumble happens when he tries to walk. I've started to grab his wrist since he won't hold on to me. Then he waves me off like I'm some irritating fly buzzing around him.

My newest "leash" is leaving him upright, not coming when he calls for me:


"Hello? Anyone there? Hello!!"


"Hey! You with the camera! I'm stuck!"

hehehe - I'm so evil.

It was a great leash while it lasted. He smarted up real quick and the next day figured out how to let himself down with little to no injury.

No comments: