Friday, June 27, 2008

Names names names

Kael's name choices for Blub are in. He has asked for a brother -- actually he's really wanting a baby brother -- but said having another sister "will be OK but I really want a brother."

I told him I'll see what I can do but it was really up to Daddy.

Anyway we're stumped on names that go with Kael and Malia. Just for kicks I asked Kael what he would name his new baby. Here's what he said:

Boy - Josh
Girl - Mikayla

For those of you who don't know, Josh and Mikayla are his friends so it was cute that he would want to name Blub after his friends. Of course, he only knows who he knows so it wasn't much of a stretch of imagination for him. I am grateful though it wasn't something weird like "Pookey Bear" or "Pink Horsey." I told him that it would be too confusing to have two people named Mikayla and perhaps we should think of another name. But he was pretty adamant about having a Mikayla Mai in the family because "Mikayla is my friend and I love her!"

Can't argue with that. But, still... we're continuing our search to broaden our name pool.

1 comment:

Crys said...

I think you should name your kid "Cash-Money Mai." Then Truong and you can get matching tattoos dollar signs on your shoulders.