Friday, January 11, 2008

"I just love doing this to girls!"

It's Friday night so Kael's at Grandma's house. Truong came home early and Malia woke up at 4:15pm - so it was perfect timing for the Mai's to head out for some dinner before things got too crowded. Earlier in the day I had placed an order with Patrick for some frozen pasta and sauces from Cortina's so we decided to head over to the DiDodo's to pick it up before heading out.

And somehow we ended up staying for dinner (I was quite embarrassed). Well, I guess it wasn't really a "somehow" situation as Truong invited himself (and by default, Malia and I) to their dinner and of course the DiDodo's were gracious enough to insist we stay.

For those of you who don't know, Ryan loves Malia. So much that Shana and I have a feeling that these two lovebirds will one day end up marrying each other. Over the course of dinner the kids were playing (meaning Ryan and Malia were playing, Gina was hovering around the food... man, that girl can pack it in) and every once in a while when Ryan and Malia got quiet, I'd have to go check on them to make sure everything was OK. Towards the end of dinner Ryan and Malia were on the floor in front of the TV... doing... something. I hear laughing and I look over. Ryan had Malia in his arms, and was rolling with her across the floor, both laughing like loons. Shana tells him to be careful and Ryan responds with "I just love doing this to girls!" It was freaking hilarious.

Patrick was so proud of his little boy. Shana and I shared an "oh boy, we better watch out for this one" look while Ryan and Malia continued to happily roll across the floor, clutched in each other's arms. Enjoy it now, my young friend Ryan, because Papa Mai will be putting his foot down in a few years!

No comments: