Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mr. Patience

Taede loves taking a shower. He gets very upset when the bigger kids are in and he's out. Today I solo parented while Truong does the fine dining gig in SF with clients. That meant two kids, two showers and one very unhappy baby. He ran back and forth between the two bathrooms, hollering at the top of his lungs. Then he'd pull the Lassie thing where he'd call "MAMMA! MAMMA!" and then run to the shower when I looked at him. It was so sad and yet oddly funny at the same time.

As I helped big kids with their jammies, I suddenly noticed that it got really quiet. Right after I processed that thought, I heard the bath tub water turn on.

Oh man. Taede is messing with the tub again. I moved a chair there to block him but evidently he found a way through.

And then, I heard a noise that sounded like water running into a cup.

What the...?! I ran over and saw Taede happily playing in the tub. I guess he couldn't wait 10 minutes for his turn.



At least he brings his own container.

No comments: