Friday, April 17, 2009

Old friends

This is the Year of the Baby. One of the highlights of our trip was visiting with old friends and their new little ones.


This is Ayumi and Jasen with their son, Jayden. He's 2 weeks old and is just beautiful. I've known Jasen for about as long as I've known Truong: since 1990 when we all met at UC Davis playing volleyball. I don't know how long I've known Ayumi but I know it's a long time too -- also at Davis but I can't seem to remember where and when I met her! Funny how I never noticed how much taller she is than me.



These girls I've known for a really really long time: we've been friends since the 7th grade! From the left -- Tram with baby Siyona (February 2009), Kathy with Kira (September 2008) and Tracy with Kaylee (February 2009).

Here's a fun fact: our babies were born in pairs within weeks of each other.
Taede - September 23
Kira - September 11

Siyona - February 7
Kaylee - February 2


Taede and Kira. I think she's the first baby his age he's ever gotten up close and personal with.


All the kids.

From the left:
Kael holding Siyona
Malia (sort of) holding Taede
Ian (7yo) holding Kira (Kathy's kids)
Kaden (5yo) holding Kaylee (Tracy's kids)

The kids had a great play date, complete with one of Kael's Bakugan's somehow ending up in the toilet and had to be fished out, and a hide and seek game where the choice hiding spot was the laundry room so that's where the boys took turns hiding. Every single time.

We plan on making future play dates for the kids and since Tracy is moving to Hawaii in June, at least one of those dates we'll have to have in Oahu.

No comments: