Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Early Birthday Malia!

It's a little early, but since we're here, I decided to have a little family party for Malia since the San Jose crew hasn't been able to make it to the kids' parties in a few years.

Note to self: IF we have another child, plan the birth around a major holiday for traveling purposes.

Malia was very excited -- she probably thinks her birthday is some kind of month long celebration now -- and it was very sweet to see how happy she was to share her special day with her cousins and aunts and uncles and G'parents from the Bay Area.


Her cake. My sister got what was probably the perfect cake for Malia. Do you notice Cinderella's gown is glowing? LEDs, baby! Pretty cool, huh?


The Big Kids


Our family.


Taede in teething hell. He's very diligently chewing on a baby toothbrush, looking for some kind of relief. Poor baby.


Malia and her booty.

We have a pretty busy week: Saturday we arrived, Sunday and Monday we hung out with family, Tuesday visited college friends, Wednesday the kids and I visit 3 of my childhood friends (since the 7th grade) while Truong heads to Fresno for a meeting, Thursday we pick up Uncle Trieu in SF and head to the Academy of Sciences, Friday hang out with family then Saturday head for home. My sisters want me to stay Saturday as my cousin from Chicago is coming for a visit with his fiancee but I'm not committing myself yet. I'd like to have some time at home to get the kids rested before school on Monday so we'll see. But the lure of my Mom's cooking is pretty tempting. On the flip side, we are heading to Cancun in 4 months and after all the eating I've done so far since coming home, I'm looking pregnant when I'm definitely not.

And there are no words to express how bad that looks.

No comments: