Wednesday, March 5, 2008

At least it's clean.

I don't mind doing laundry. I don't even mind folding laundry. It's the putting away part that really bites. So clean folded laundry will sit in the laundry basket for days. Until one of three things happen:

1) I need the basket to store dirty clothes that's piling up in my closet;

2) Truong can't stand it anymore and he takes the clean piles and stacks them in the closet (thus freeing the basket for the dirty laundry) where it sits until I put them away; or

3) Malia gets into it and throws everything out. Then I have to refold everything and seriously, folding once is enough.

It's usually #3 that gets my butt in gear. The funny thing about Malia is she's got her favorite pieces of my clothing that she likes to wear:



Yes, you are seeing correctly. That's my underwear (it's clean by the way). She likes to wear it around her neck. And it's always the same one. Unfortunately (for me since now I've got my underwear posted on the web) she really likes to wear what i call my Old Trusty. You girls all know what I'm talking about: the one underwear that's been worn so many times it's softer than any baby blanket. Sure it's stretched to hell and back but it's so comfortable you can't tell you're wearing underwear.


Look at how happy she is. And yes, that's food on her face. We were eating and somehow I missed that spot. This post doesn't exactly show us at our best.


And here's the stinky face I got when I told her it was time to take off Mommy's underwear. In the end I had to wrestle her to the floor, pry it out of her fingers and stretched out even more my already stretched-to-hell panties. I may have to retire them.

No comments: