Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween! Halloween! Trick or Treat!

I can't believe Halloween has come and gone. You know what that means... Pretty soon it will be Turkey Day and then Christmas... and another year will soon be over.

Yikes!

Before I freak myself out, let's talk Halloween first.

I lucked out this year in the costume department. Both my kids wanted to wear what they wore last year. It worked out great because (1) Malia hadn't started school yet so it would be a new school costume and (2) we weren't here last year for Halloween (wedding in Santa Cruz) so it would be a new school costume for Kael as well. This is the one time that I'm glad Malia is so small that she still fit her fairy costume (sized 18m-24m).

Taede was very cute in his skeleton PJ's. Luckily his black eye healed pretty well so he didn't look so ghetto with the long hair and busted up face.

As a Room Parent, I didn't see any of Kael's party. Luckily Truong was able to take the morning off to be there for Kael. Malia had a great time at her party. Her favorite part was the costume parade. Good grief she was so excited to be a part of that. It is unbelievable how different Kael and Malia are. Kael in preschool could not finish the parade. He was maybe 10 feet in before he lost it and refused to go any further. I had to walk him back to his seat. Little Miss Malia? She danced and pranced out there, way ahead of her class. She had no idea where she was going -- and she didn't care! She strutted her stuff and enjoyed her moment in the limelight. At one point I had to call her back because she missed a turn (it was like a track loop but instead of going left, she danced straight ahead). It was hilarious. She twirled and whirled and waved and skipped her way along, just having a ball.

Halloween night the cousins came over for pizza and Trick or Treating. The house was a zoo with 7 kids running crazy. Our 7 was joined by our neighbor's 2 for Trick or Treating, so it was a nice huge group come nightfall. I was left behind to pass out treats and I have to say I was a little sad. I remember running the neighborhood with my friends when we went Trick or Treating and I miss those carefree times.

Or maybe I just miss being able to go out at night.... hmmm....

Anyway I have some pictures posted. Enjoy!

No comments: