Friday, August 28, 2009

Who has the last laugh now?

So the long awaited gate is up. Finally! It's so refreshing to have some peace in my heart, not having to worry every 2 minutes that I'm going to hear the thumpity thumps of Taede's little noggin hitting the ground.

I of course documented the grand moment:

09-08-27 T+New Gate1
"Hey! What the heck is this?!"


09-08-27 T+New Gate3
If I do my Mom job right, this look won't be repeated when he becomes an adult.


09-08-27 T+New Gate2
"Hmm... Think, Taede, THINK!"


09-08-27 T+New Gate4
"Ha! She thinks she's so smart. I'll show her."


09-08-27 T+New Gate5
"Oh yeah baby! Who's got the last laugh now? Huh? Who's your Daddy now?!!"

Mom: OH SH#T!!

Now there's nothing in that corner. What a stinker. I have to say that look of joy on his face when he discovered his "loophole" is quite funny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Onto a little side story.....

This is one about loveys. I've been trying to get him to attach to one in the hopes that he'll sleep better at night. Heck, at this point I'll even do a naked chicken dance around a bonfire if it will get him to sleep through the night. But I digress. In the past he's taken an interest in a number of items. One being Malia's Pink Horsey. Which distressed me on a number of levels.
#1: It's Malia's Pink Horsey. 'Nuff said.
#2: It's pink.
#3: I went to hell and beyond to get Pink Horsey 2 and 3 for rotation purposes. I wasn't even going to attempt to locate any more.

But really, the only reason we need to worry about is #1. A while back, Malia told me that Taede could have Pink Horsey. Did you read that? She said Taede could have Pink Horsey. (I didn't believe her for a nanosecond.) And she did give it him. I have to give her credit for that. She allowed Taede to nap with PH. However, come bedtime that night, she was very torn about her decision and I could tell it was causing her extreme anxiety. Finally after an intense internal struggle, she grabbed Horsey back and stated that Horsey needed to be tucked in her Mermaid bed.

And that was the end of Pink Horsey's short lived tenure with Taede.

Other things Taede has shown an interest in were various blankets, a taggie square and Malia's crocheted blanket that her aunt made for her. I asked her if Taede could have that blanket as she's never shown a great interest in it before and there was an immediate NO.

Okaayyy. We won't mention that ever again.

Sadly, his interest has never really stuck on anything for long.

Until now.

Do you notice that plastic corn on the cob that he's got clutched in his hand? It's one piece of a 100 piece tub of food items that's cheaply made in China and probably contains some kind of health harming chemical like lead or/and melamine. That corn cob has been near him, within clutching distance the past week. I've even had to fish it out of the crib a few times after he's fallen asleep, lest he roll over it.

If he ends up with that stupid corn on the cob as his lovey, I'm going to be royally pissed.

1 comment:

Crys said...

When you do the naked chicken dance can you record that too?