Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ok ok ok...

I get it.

I GET it.

I haven't updated the blog in a while. I've been busy! The first half of July was pretty much a wash between family visits and traveling up north. Then we had camp at the Oak Canyon Nature Center for Kael which was fun for him, but not so fun for Taede because camp drop off was at 9:00am. Can you guess what time is Taede's nap?

If you guessed 9:00am, you'd be wrong. It's actually between 8:00am and 8:30am. So by the time I dropped off Kael and motored my way home, Taede's nap has been pushed back to 9:20am. Remember this is the kid who starts the day at 5:30am. Still. Then pick up for Kael is at 1:00pm. And when is Malia's nap, you ask? It's at 12:30pm. It was hard to see her struggle to stay awake on the ride over to pick up Kael, and even worse: "Momma, I'm really tired; I want to go to sleep!"

Now we have 3 "dead weeks" with no camps, no summer school, no trips. I figured it would be nice to have some family time for the summer. Except for a few minor issues, it's been nice. Issues like: the upper 90's weather that make it impossible to play outside. Or the sucky shortened barely 1 hour naps I'm getting from Taede that stagger his and Malia's naps so I can't get any computer time, much less bathroom time without a kid tattling on the other, or a kid following me into the bathroom wanting to know what I'm doing or wanting to climb on my lap, or just as I'm settle down, I hear a thump then a scream. And my all-time favorite issue: the constant in-fighting between Malia and Kael over the littlest issues. Like fighting over toys that's not even theirs -- it's Taede's! And what are you doing playing with the baby's toys anyway?! Play with your own!!

Ugh. Camp is looking pretty tempting.

So that's been my summer so far. Kael has a few more science camps planned in August and Malia will have her usual pre-school camp to keep her in the swing of school related activities.

Taede is still my little bump. He goes where I go and spends most of the day dropping off or picking up a sibling, slung on me at some store like Costco or Target, or taking a header on the floor because he's trying to walk. He's pulling up and cruising everywhere. He's been standing on his own for a couple of weeks but he's still pretty tippable. And he's extremely single-minded: come hell or high water, he's going up those stairs. Now he knows it's forbidden because the second he hears me coming, he starts scrambling up those stairs like he's got ants in his pants. What a stinker.

No comments: