Monday, December 8, 2008

My name is Kael.

Kael: Kael. My name is Kael. Say it: KAEL.
Malia: Tail!

Kael: No, no, no. Kael! My name is KAEL!
Malia: Tail!

Kael: Ugh. No, Malia! Say it right. Kuh-ai-el. Not Tail -- Kael.
Malia: (pause... pause...) Tail?

Kael: Arghh! NO MALIA! You're saying it wrong. Say it like this: KUH-ael. Kuh. Kuh. Kuh. Kael.
Malia: Kuh. Kuh. Kuh.... Tail!

Kael: ARGHH!!
And he stomps off angrily. Poor Tail. I mean Kael.

Malia and I have been practicing our Kuh-Kuh-Kael's in the car after we drop him off at school. If she concentrates, she gets it right about 50% of the time. However, if she's just talking and doesn't think about it, he's Tail. Most of the time it doesn't bother him. But lately I can hear him trying to coach her into saying his name correctly. Unfortunately, as Kael is fast learning, it's becoming a lesson in futility.

No comments: