Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wild Rivers

It's been a busy summer so I'm lagging on blog posting. Then you add me getting more and more tired as I get bigger and bigger -- heck you're lucky I'm even posting at this time of night!

Thanks to Christina, this week's highlight was the trip the Wild Rivers -- a pretty cool water park in Irvine. Christina and Shana have been going since June but I've been reluctant to go for various reasons: too hot, too big of a crowd, I'm out numbered with my own kids and (here's the real reason) I'm big and fat -- who wants to see me in a swimming suit anyway?!

Monday I bit the bullet and went. I'm sure it helped that Shana called me at 6:45am and got me to go with her. Hell, at 7.5 months pregnant and not getting any sleep because I'm getting up to pee 4 times a night and Blub rocking out so much I can't sleep anyway, I'd say anything to get her off the phone at 6:45 in the freaking morning so I can get back to sleep!

So we went: me and my 2 kids, Shana and her 3 kids, and Hammie and Ed (Shana's parents). Honestly, I was swayed into going knowing that Hammie and Ed would be there to help keep an eye on the kids. I didn't know how my kids would do and I was worried about the large crowds at the park.

Turns out I had nothing to worry about. Kael did great -- he was content playing with Ryan or swimming by himself and I was comfortable leaving him with the instructions of "Mommy is going over there where I can't see you. Make sure you stick by Ms. Shana, Hammie, Mr. Ed..." He's at an age where he understands that and (most importantly) obeys it.

I kept Malia by my side and she was thrilled to play in the 1.5 foot kiddie pool. It was kind of nice: I didn't have to chase her down or wedge myself in some ridiculously small slide. I just sat in the kiddie pool, much like a fat seal basking in the sun at low tide. She loved "swimming" so much that I couldn't get her out of there to eat or go to the bathroom or try any of the other pools. Taking her out to go home was a fight even though she was bone tired. She slumped over in the car seat like a drunkard and was fast asleep within 3 minutes of pulling out.

We went again today (Wednesday) and this time we added Linda and Audrey, Christina and Mikayla, and Cindy and her crew of 4 kids to the group. The kids had a blast and even though I didn't want to stay until 2pm again, I didn't have the heart to take the kids home before everybody else. It would have been like: Look at the pregnant lady dragging her kids away kicking and screaming. So we stayed until 2:00pm. Again.

I bought a season pass so we plan on going. Again.

On Friday. As in this Friday. I have to make the pass worth the money, right?

I know. It's nuts. But the kids have such a great time. With Blub making an appearance in about 8 weeks, who knows when I'll be able to do this? Heck, with 3 kids, there's a chance I probably won't even leave the house during the week!

Luckily Shana brought her camera and took some pictures.

No comments: